Be a part of SUDEP Action Day – 23 October 2019
SUDEP Action Day is a special day which brings organisations and people together to raise awareness of SUDEP worldwide. Originally launched on 23 October 2014 by SUDEP Action (as SUDEP Awareness Day), it shines a light on the largest cause of death in people with epilepsy, helping empower people through increased awareness.
Last year over 80 organisations took part – this year we need your help to get even more people, organisations and health professionals involved!
Because there are 21 epilepsy-related deaths a week in the UK alone – awareness is not enough, it’s time to take action!
This year's theme - #5forEpilepsySafety
How you can take part
The support of your organisation is vital to make sure as many people know about SUDEP as possible.
How you get involved is entirely up to you, but here are just five suggestions on how your organisation can get involved and support SUDEP Action Day 2019.
Take #5forEpilepsySafety to –
- Share the SUDEP Action Day resources on your social media channels, retweeting messages which will be shared from the SUDEP Action accounts throughout the day – don’t forget to use the hashtags #5forEpilepsySafety and #SUDEPActionDay2019
- Promote SUDEP Action Day in your charity newsletters, enews and on your website, so people can find out how to get involved
- Encourage your supporters to talk about epilepsy risks and SUDEP with their health professional, patients and families
- Signpost any families bereaved by epilepsy to sources of specialist bereavement support
- Take a team photo wearing orange and/or holding the SUDEP Action Day resources to show the world that you’re supporting the day! We love to see pictures of how other organisations are getting involved so do send them to us so we can share them!
Why your organisation should get involved
Why join us?
No matter how big or small, or where your organisation is in the world, we would love for you to be part of this years’ SUDEP Action Day and take #5forEpilepsySafety!
Over 80 organisations joined us in 2018 – will you stand alongside us this year?
There are many benefits to participating in this international campaign. By joining us you will:
How to join us:
- Register your organisation today and be part of a global campaign to reduce SUDEP and save lives
- Signpost individuals wanting to support the day to the 2019 Facebook event page
- Download the free SUDEP Action Day resources and social media covers – you can translate these if needed
- This year you can also order a SUDEP Action Day t-shirt transfer to show you’re getting involved in this worldwide event!
- Share your plans, pictures and any translations with the SUDEP Action Day team so we can celebrate your involvement on the day!
Don’t forget to use the hashtags #SUDEPActionDay2019 and #5forEpilepsySafety so we can see what you are doing and cheer you on. We also love to see pictures of how other organisations are getting involved so do send them through!
Register your support today and be part of a global campaign to reduce SUDEP and save lives.
For further support and queries contact our Digital Communications Assistant: email@example.com
We look forward to you joining us this year!