Thank you for taking action this SUDEP Action Day!
We hope people from around the world get involved in SUDEP Action Day 2018!
By uniting to take local, national and international action, we move closer to bringing epilepsy and SUDEP out of the shadows to help save lives.
Below are some ideas for how you can get involved in this year’s campaign. We can’t wait to hear what other plans you may have!
Use our Facebook event page to share your ideas, images and support others who are getting involved.
We look forward to you joining us this year!
This year's theme - #ACT
SUDEP and epilepsy deaths raise a lot of questions. On top of that, we also know there is much which can be done to keep people with epilepsy safer and prevent more epilepsy deaths from happening each year – we’re here to help take action.
Join us for SUDEP Action Day 2018. We want you to ACT –
Your support for SUDEP Action Day is so important
Not matter how you feel able to get involved, we would love for you to be part of it. You could support by:
1. Just liking, sharing or retweeting our social media posts on the day
2. Using the hashtags – #SUDEPActionDay2018 and/or #ACT
3. Changing your social media profile picture to the event logo
4. Organise a fundraising or awareness event using SUDEP Action and SUDEP Action Day resources – these are great ‘actions’ you can take in your local area!
Don’t forget to use the hashtags so we can see what you are doing and cheer you on.
Top 4 things you can do:
Join the epilepsy community and #ACT
You can do this by:
- Share the campaign key messages, infographics and posters. Could you take a picture holding them?
- Share pictures of how you get involved in SUDEP Action Day, to shout about SUDEP and epilepsy risks.
- Show your support the day with a SUDEP Action Day iron on T-shirt Transfer
- Use the #ACT hashtag to ask questions and highlight the challenges linked to SUDEP and epilepsy risks.
To raise local awareness and take action to prompt change; can you share the campaign resources, do a talk or hold a stall?
- Notice boards, newsletters, free local papers, shop windows
- Schools, Colleges and Universities or local groups such as: Service or Sports Clubs, who may be looking for charities or organisations to support
- Local events: village fetes, carnivals, sport events or annual meet-ups such as Christmas markets
Add to our call to #ACT
Help create change by sharing your experiences with us:
- Via the online Facebook campaign
- Through local and national press – shout about what you are doing for SUDEP Action Day. Contact us of you need support or advice.
- By contributing to an epilepsy deaths registry if you have been bereaved by epilepsy (Anyone linked to an epilepsy death can share vital information to shape future research)
Help spread the word
- What should they know about SUDEP and epilepsy risks?
- How they can support SUDEP Action Day
- Share your story and why knowing about SUDEP and epilepsy risks is important to instantly raise awareness and encourage others to take #ACTion with us