Thank you for taking action this SUDEP Action Day!
We hope people from around the world get involved in SUDEP Action Day 2019!
By uniting to take #5forEpilepsySafety locally, nationally and internationally, we move closer to bringing epilepsy and SUDEP out of the shadows to help save lives.
Below are some ideas for how you can get involved in this year’s campaign. We can’t wait to hear what other plans you may have!
Use our Facebook event page to share your ideas, images and support others who are getting involved.
We look forward to you joining us this year!
This year's theme - #5forEpilepsySafety
Your support for SUDEP Action Day is so important
Not matter how you feel able to get involved, we would love for you to be part of it. You could support by:
1. Just liking, sharing or retweeting our social media posts on the day
2. Using the hashtags – #SUDEPActionDay2019 and/or #5forEpilepsySafety
3. Changing your social media profile picture to the event logo
Don’t forget to use the hashtags so we can see what you are doing and cheer you on.
Take #5forEpilepsySafety with these 5 Actions:
Knowledge saves lives. Join the community by supporting the online campaign:
- Share the campaign key messages, infographics and posters. Could you take a picture holding them?
- Share pictures of how you get involved in SUDEP Action Day, to shout about SUDEP and epilepsy risks.
- Show your support the day with a SUDEP Action Day iron on T-shirt Transfer
- Use the #5forEpilepsySafety hashtag to ask questions and highlight the challenges linked to SUDEP and epilepsy risks.
There are many ways you can raise local awareness for SUDEP Action Day, sometimes you just need to ask!
- Could you ask any local newsletters or businesses to promote SUDEP Action Day and share our resources and downloads?
- Would your local newspaper run a feature on SUDEP Action Day, SUDEP and epilepsy risks?
- Would any local Schools, Colleges, Universities, businesses or local groups such as Sports Clubs be able to support SUDEP Action Day?
3. JOIN THE FIGHT
Help create change by sharing your experiences with us:
- Notice boards, shop windows and counter tops are all great places to ask if you can leave our leaflets & resources for others to see
- Give leaflets and resources to your local GP, epilepsy clinic or any local health professionals who may see people with epilepsy so they can create a display on SUDEP Action Day, epilepsy risks and SUDEP
- Could you participate in local events raising funds and awareness for SUDEP at village fetes, carnivals, sport events or annual meet-ups such as Christmas markets?
Add your voice to ours and take #5forEpilepsySafety
- Join the online Facebook campaign show us you’ll be supporting wherever you are in the world!
- Through local and national press – shout about what you are doing for SUDEP Action Day. Contact us of you need support or advice.
- By contributing to an epilepsy deaths registry if you have been bereaved by epilepsy (Anyone linked to an epilepsy death can share vital information to shape future research)
Would you be able to take #5forEpilepsySafety to:
- Contact your local GPs or health professionals asking them to register for the SUDEP & Seizure Safety Checklist if they haven’t already
- Write to your local MP or policy maker so that they can become an epilepsy ambassador
- If you have been bereaved by epilepsy and you feel able, can you share your story on the Global Conversation website or as a My Story?