We hope people from around the world get involved in SUDEP Action Day 2018!
By uniting to take local, national and international action, we move closer to bringing epilepsy and SUDEP out of the shadows to help save lives.
Below are some ideas for how you can get involved in this year’s campaign. We can’t wait to hear what other plans you may have!
Use our Facebook event page to share your ideas, images and support others who are getting involved.
We look forward to you joining us this year!
This year's theme - #ACT
Join us for SUDEP Action Day 2018. We want you to ACT –
Your support for SUDEP Action Day is so important
- Just liking, sharing or retweeting our social media posts on the day
- Using the hashtags – #SUDEPActionDay2018 and/or #ACT
- Changing your social media profile picture to the event logo
- Organise a fundraising or awareness event using SUDEP Action and SUDEP Action Day resources – these are great ‘actions’ you can take in your local area!
Don’t forget to use the hashtags so we can see what you are doing and cheer you on.
Top 4 things you can do:
Join the epilepsy community and #ACT
- Share the campaign key messages, infographics and posters. Could you take a picture holding them?
- Share pictures of how you get involved in SUDEP Action Day, to shout about SUDEP and epilepsy risks.
- Show you support the day with a SUDEP Action Day iron on T-shirt Transfer
- Use the #ACT hashtag to ask questions and highlight the challenges linked to SUDEP and epilepsy risks.
To raise local awareness and take action to prompt change; can you share the campaign resources, do a talk or hold a stall?
- Notice boards, newsletters, free local papers, shop windows.
- Schools, Colleges and Universities or local groups such as: Service or Sports Clubs, who may be looking for charities or organisations to support.
- Local events: village fetes, carnivals, sport events or annual meet-ups such as Christmas markets
Add to our call to action
Help create change by sharing your experiences with us:
Tell someone what they should know about SUDEP and how they can support SUDEP Action Day
Share your story and why knowing about SUDEP and epilepsy risks is important to instantly raise awareness and encourage others to take #ACTion with us.
Thank you for taking action this SUDEP Action Day!