SUDEP Action Day (previously SUDEP Awareness Day) brings
to raise awareness of SUDEP Worldwide.
The campaign has grown from strength to strength, with more epilepsy organisations, people with epilepsy, health professionals, campaigners and bereaved families taking part in the event every year.
On this page, we highlight some key campaign achievements since its launch in 2014.
SUDEP Awareness Day 2016
The 2016 theme was United Against SUDEP, encouraging the epilepsy community across the globe to stand together in raising awareness of SUDEP.
It was bigger and better than previous years, thanks to everyone who got involved!
organisationsregistered their support
- over 260
organisationstook part in some way
- Our messages reached over 1.6 million people
- Nearly 49,000 people visited the microsite – from over 99 countries
SUDEP Awareness Day 2015
The theme for this year was Are you SUDEP Savvy? The theme was chosen in order to encourage people to learn about SUDEP and ways they can reduce their risk.
organisationsregistered their support for the awareness day.
- The campaign reached over 8.7 million people
- Over 130
organisationsused and shared the campaign materials with the Key Messages on social media, and helped us reach around 1.6 million people on Facebook and another 420,000 on Twitter.
- The campaign micro-site has had over 13,000 views and around 6,000 visitors.
- We reached a readership of over 6.8 million through newspapers.
SUDEP Awareness Day 2014
The first ever international awareness day was launched on the 23rd of October. On the day, we shared the Be smart, Be safe steps that people with epilepsy can take to reduce their risk of SUDEP.
- A total 45 epilepsy
organisationsfrom around the world supported the campaign.
- The campaign reached around 3.5 million. In the UK, the campaign was officially launched at a reception at the Houses of Parliament in London.
- The campaign was hailed as a great initiative and generated a lot of interest and messages of support from around the world.